Sunday, January 6, 2013

¡La Playa!

Coco juice fresh from the source. 
¡La Playa!


We walked to the end of a long pier. 
¡Hola!

sorry that I am writing this letter a few days latter than usual. On Monday we had a long saftey meeting and so president changed our preparation day to Wednesday for this week. The past week and a half has been pretty good. I feel like a lot has happened so it is kinda tough to remember everything. Last week an investigator from another zone moved into our area so she became our investigator. She has been investigating the church for quite a while and she is going to get baptized on the 16th so that was pretty cool.

We did another exchange on Wednesday and I got to be with a new elder from Honduras and that was fun. Then on Friday my companion went to a Zone Leader council so I got to be with 2 other Elders in our zone that are really awesome so that was a lot of fun. On Monday we had the saftey meeting which was pretty interesting. A guy from the security office came and told us about how to stay safe and what to do if we, for some reason, end up getting kidnapped or something. It was interesting. We arent in any danger or anything but its stuff that is important to know just in case.

On wednesday we went to the beach in the morning!!!!! It was so fun. The sand was really fine and it felt really good inbetween my toes. We werent allowed to touch the water, but we played volleyball (without a net so it was really intense) and there was a cool pier that we walked down. For some reason a ton of racoons live at the very end of the pier in the rocks even though it is a 15 minute long walk from the shore and there arent any trees.

I dont think christmas is a huge deal here like it is in the states but it is like a mid sized deal. Many houses already have lights up and there are fake christmas trees in a lot of houses and stores have some decorations as well. I havent seen any nativity sets for sale but I will keep my eyes on the look out.

Sounds like you all had a pretty good week and that you are all greatly anticipating the upcoming few weeks. I have some good news! for Christmas President is going to let us use Skype! we are only allowed to talk for 30 minutes but Ill get to see all your faces and Copper (if he is still alive, I havent heard anything about him since Ive left). I dont know all the deatails on how we can use it but ill get that figured out and let you know. I am pretty excited for this Christmas season. The mission has some fun plans and it also signifies that I will have one year in the mission. Thanks for all the christmas ideas, ill print them off and give them a read through.

I hope you all stay safe and have a great week!

con amor
Elder Johns

No comments:

Post a Comment