Monday, June 3, 2013

Looking forward to a baptism


Hello,
This past week was pretty good, we had interviews with President Jordan on Tuesday. It was great to get to see him and get to talk to him. He was pretty tired when it was finally my turn because I was one of the last three after interviewing two whole zones. While we were waiting we saw some videos by Elder Bednar about the Spirit and it was pretty cool. We also saw a bunch of videos from the church leadership training about using preisthood to bless families. We also got to eat peanut butter and jelly sandwiches and it tasted sooo good because it has been a long time since I have eaten a god PB and J.
I did an exchange with Elder Martinez this week. Although his name and appearance seem otherwise, he is actually from Oklahoma, but his dad is Mexican. He is pretty cool and we had a good time working together. He only has 8 months on the mission (He has the most time in our district besides me which means we have a really young district).
Jorge and Rosario have attained their divorce paper and should be getting married sometime this week! They are really excited and are already sharing the gospel with their relatives. Some realtives of theirs that we know are going to be getting baptized on the 22 but they live in a different ward.
Nayla is progressing really well, I dont remember if I said or not last time that she moved into her own place now and is getting it all fixed up really nice. She is going to start a buisniss in which she will sell tamales, snow cones, and stuff like that infront of her house. We have aslo been teacher Naylas mom, but she isnt as gung hoe about getting baptized but she likes to listen and learn.
Sounds like things have been pretty busy for you guys over there. ahh thats crazy that the wedding is soo close. good job colin on getting his seminary pin! If I remember correctly I got my pin every year as well, but I only memorized the scriptures long enough to pass them off and now I dont remember alot of them.
I gotta go!
I love you!
Elder Johns

No comments:

Post a Comment