Monday, June 17, 2013

Important Stuff I've Gotta Get Done in Mexico

Dear family,
First off, I am really excited for Ryan and Angela. I am really happy knowing that they are going to get sealed together this Friday. I really wish I could be there but I have some important stuff Ive gotta get done down here in Mexico.  I look forward to hearing all about it next week and I cant wait until I can finally meet and get to know Angela this December.
Secondly, Happy Fathers day dad! I sent you a kiss on the cheek but I dont know if it made it all the way to Washington.

Thirdly, WE ARE GOING TO HAVE A BAPTISM!!!!!!!!! Im pretty sure i have been telling you guys a little about Nayla. She has been progressing really well and she passed her baptisimal interview last weekend so she will be getting baptized on Friday. I am happy because it is something that makes up a little for not being able to be there for Ryans sealing. Nayla is super excited and so are we. It is going to be Elder Martinez´s first baptism!
Elder Martinez and I only have one more week together which makes me sad because he has been a great companion and we have gotten along really well. I have really enjoyed the opportunity to train him and serve with him.
Rosario and Jorge are still getting the divorce paper thing worked out, but they are progressing well still. By now they are basically members of the ward just without the baptism.
Vicente, an invesetigator that we started teaching 2 months ago (and later stopped teaching becasue he wasnt progressing or taking it seriously) has been progressing really well in the past couple weeks that we started to  teach him again. He has really had a change of heart and honestly feels a desire to develop faith in God.
We had 6 investigators in church on Sunday which is more than I have had on a single sunday in all of my mission.
I am trying to think of stuff that is interesting but I cant really think of anything else... This past week I ate my cereal with fresh cut strawberries and mango... It also rained super hard on Tuesday afternoon and we got sooooooaked... Today we got the zone together to play volleyball and basketball which was really fun.
thats all I got for ya this week,
con amor,
Elder Johns

No comments:

Post a Comment