Thursday, January 26, 2012

Another week closer to Mexico

Hey Fam!

This week has been awesome, Elder Wright and Elder Garderner (two Elders in my District that also share a room with my companion and I) were assigned to be the new Zone Leaders for our zone. The devotionals this week were also really interesting and I got to watch The Testaments on Sunday night. Its been a long time since I have seen that one so it was alot of fun to see it. This week was also pretty tough too. My sleep hasn't been too great because every night since I've gotten here I keep waking up randomly and its been hitting me hard this week. One of our "Role-Play" investigators was really hard to teach and it really pointed out how much further I need to go so I felt a little discouraged. But I got a letter from a friend that really reminded me to have a better attitude about my trials so I was very grateful for that.

Not a whole lot of new stuff happens here, but I am very excited that I only have about 5 more weeks until I leave for Mexico! Yesterday was my 4 week marker, its wierd to think that I have already been here for an entire month. I have talked to alot of people about sending pictures, but no one has been able to figure out a way because they make it so that we can't access alot of the computers functions, including My Computer. I have been taking alot of good photos though, the Provo temple is magnificent with the snowy mountains in the background.

Thank you so much for sending me a package! I've really missed Pizza Pringles since I've gotten here and the nut stuff and brownies are delicious, the Elders in my hall say thanks! And congratulations to the Twins on getting their Personal Progress award. I was so happy to get my Eagle Scout Award, it is very true that you enjoy achievements that you work hard for more than things that require less effort. That snow storm sounds crazy! and like a lot of fun, Im sad that I missed out on the power outage and board games.

I am so grateful for the opportunity to be here and to learn and to grow. My testimony and my scriptural knowledge has grown so much and has made me an even happier person. I know that this Church has the fullness of the restored Gospel of Jesus Christ, that Thomas S. Monson is a prophet of God, and that the Book of Mormon is the true. My appreciation for the Book of Mormon is increasing exponentially as it has helped  comfort me and help me in my trials here.

This next week I will have to do something exciting so that I can write about it!

Con amor,

Elder Johns

No comments:

Post a Comment