Thursday, January 12, 2012

Two weeks!

Hey family!

Its the two week mark! I finally feel like I'm in the right flow and I know what to do. My Spanish has been improving alot, but there are alot of grammatical things that I need to learn and remember. We've started to teach two more progressing investigators and one is native so he is harder to understand. This whole roleplay thing is kind of wierd at first because I know that they are just teachers, but it is really helping me to practice my spanish and teaching skills. I got my hair cut today by a nice girl named Hannah. Ryan should try and find her and date her.

This week I got to go to a devotional with Russel M. Nelson on Tuesday. It was pretty cool.

Oh yeah, when I ran into Michael Berman, my companion and I were taking an Elder in my District and his companion to the Surgery center. This Elder, Elder Wright, has been having some health issues for a week straight since we all got here, so he has gone to alot of doctors appointments in the last week to figure out what the problem was. I made a companion switch and went with him to some of the appointments so that his companion wouldn't miss too much class, and we were able to figure out what the problem was. I don't think he would want me to share all the details, but it wasn't very serious. The surgery was successful and hes recovering in the Clinic.

My companion and I are the only ones going to Tampico, Mexico in my District, but there are four others in another District, including my friend from BYU. They heard that someone who just got back from the Tampico Mission just got a job at the MTC so they are going to figure out where he works so we can ask him some questions. The other Elders in my District are either going to Bolivia or Columbia. The two that are going to Bolivia are transfering to the Peru MTC in a week so we are going to miss them alot. Our District has really come close and we are all good friends. I haven't heard anything about my Visa, I keep forgeting to go and ask about it.

I hope Abby is alright! That sounds really uncomfortable, it would be good if you could determine if it was an allergic reaction and then find out what could have caused it. And thats great about Dad's job, it sounds like Tableau is really successful.

That deposit amount sounds right, I only worked two and half days that week now that I think about it. I already have two pairs of shorts, but I forgot to pack my pink soap bar container if you want to slip that into a care package or something with some pizza pringles or some Pad Thai.

I hope all is going well for all of you, I want to hear how school is going for the kids. I love you and I will keep you in my prayers!

Con Amor,

Elder Johns

No comments:

Post a Comment