Thursday, January 19, 2012

Three weeks in the MTC

This week was great! Alot of the Elders on my floor and I are very grateful for the package that I got from Aunt Mary, she has some mad baking skills. The letter that came with it was really cute, if you could send me their address so I can write them back then that would be great (I couldn't find the address on the package). Also the girl that gave it to me at the mail post told me that Ryan said hi because she is in his ward.

The Sunday and Tuesday Devotionals are awesome here, the speakers are very motivating and have alot of good advice. They also usually have a musical performance before the speaker. There are some really good pianists here who can play amazing arrangements of church hymns. I just learned the melody to If You Could Hie to Kolob (my current favorite song) and I've been trying to compose my own arrangement for it in my sparse free time.

This week was a little sad because two of the Elders in our District, Elder Lamb and Elder Chadwick, transferred to the Peru MTC on Wednesday morning. American missionaries that go to the Peru MTC go to the Provo MTC for three weeks until they are transferred. I miss them alot, they were awesome and are great friends. I'm sure they are having an awesome time in Peru right now, I'm a little jealous.

Last night I was getting ready for bed and I ran into my friend Michael Neff from BYU. He's going to a mission in California Spanish speaking. He just got here yesterday and he is living on my floor. I don't think he is in my zone but he might be. It was alot of fun to run into him. Oh and I finally got some letters from my college friends last week. My FHE family wrote me to tell me that they miss their "dad" since I was one of the FHE group leaders. It made my day to get 10 letters all at once! My friend Miguel wrote one all in Spanish and I can read most of it.

Could you get Elder Howell's and Elder Paxman's mailing address? I forgot to mail them my address and I would like to send them a letter before I head out into the field in 6 weeks.

I've been taking pictures but I haven't figured out a way to get them onto the computer to send. I'll figure it out this week and send some pictures next week.

The classes have been really hard, mostly because they just seem sooooo long and I really don't like sitting in the same room for so long, but my teachers are fantastic and I am learning alot from them.

That snow storm you had sounds like a ton of fun! It hasn't really snowed here yet, thankfully. Hopefully it won't snow for the next 6 weeks until I leave for Mexico. I am already a third of the way done with the MTC! I love it here but I really want to be in Mexico.

I love you all and it was great to hear from you. I'll keep you in my prayers and write to you again in a week!

Con amor,

Elder Johns

No comments:

Post a Comment