Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Aguas


Hola!
 
This week flew by super fast! I got to do 2 different exchanges. Another exchange with Elder Girot, and an exchange with Elder Salazar. They are both pretty great and I enjoyed having the chance to work with them and learn from them. When I was with Elder Girot in his area we did a ton of walking, mostly because the appointments alternated between the furthest points in his area. When it got dark, we were walking through a field when I saw a brief flash of light trail through the air. Then I saw another, and another, and then quite a few. I then realized that they were fireflies! I dont know if Im just not very smart, but I have always thought that fireflies were just made up and that they sounded really cool but it just couldnt exist because I have never seen any  before. It was pretty awesome to see some and realize that they do in fact  exist haha.
 
I started making different types of "aguas" this week. First I made agua de piña (pineapple) and that was super good. Then I made agua de melón (cantelope) and that was also super good. Then I made some more agua de melón but I but some milk in it and that was really really good! I also made some agua de limón last night that was pretty tasty. So far I like agua de melón with milk the most becasue it is easier to maek than the other aguas and it tastes the best. This next week I am going to try agua de horchata and agua de jamaica.
 
Guadelupe is doing well, we didnt have her interview this saturday becasue we still have to teach her some commandments, but we are planning on having her interveiw this next saturday and her baptism the following saturday. She came to one of the conference sessions and she really liked it so that was cool.
 
We dont really have any other investigators that are progressing super well, but we have some potentials that should start to progress a little faster this week if everything goes according to plan.
 
My comp completed one year in the mission last friday! I now finally have a companion who has more than a year in the mission. We didnt have any time to do something to celebrate, but we are going to go and get hamburgers for dinner sometime this week.
 
conference was awesome! I got to watch all of it in English with the other english elders (there are 4 of us in our Zone) and that was a lot of fun. That is so crazy that the age was changed to 18 for men and 19 for women! That means that alot of my friends could leave on their missions right now! Did you mean to type Megan Carpenter that has definately decided to serve a mission? Thats really cool. Keep me posted on mission calls of my friends or people I know. A large majority of the natives in my mission left for their missions around the age of 18, usually about 6 months after they turned 18. All of my companions have been about my age or older though.
 
Happy birthday COlin! that is so exciting that his birthday is this week! I really hope it goes well and that he gets his liscnece soon. Dont let him date until he gets home from his mission.
 
I am glad ot hear that you are all doing so well. Thank you for the pictures, I really enjoy getting pictures of you guys. Ill try and send some this next week. I love you all and I hope you have a great week!
 
con amor,
 
Elder Johns

No comments:

Post a Comment