Friday, October 5, 2012

Elder Beltran is super awesome!

My new companion Elder Beltran! He is super awesome!

Happy October!
 
Hey hey hey! Another week flew by super duper fast! My new companion arrived last monday and his name is Elder Beltran! He is super awesome and we have had an absolutely wonderful time together this past week. He will have a year in the mission this friday! He is also from the same generation of missionarys as my trainer which is kinda cool. At night we were wondering who we were supposed to call to check in (we have to call the District Leader every night once we get to the house) becasue the District Leader left the zone. We called the Zone Leader and to my companions suprise, he was the new District Leader! It is kinda cool to have a District Leader as a companion because I can see all the stuff he has to do and it is good preparation if I  ever will be a District LEader someday. It looks like a lot of work. This week he is going to be doing a lot of exchanges with our District of 3 other companionships so that means I will be doing a lot of exchanges as well.
 
We have been working pretty hard this week and we found 7 new investigators! we had the goal of 5 and we had been contacting forever and tons of appointments kept falling through, but in our last appointment Sunday night we found 4 new investigators that are all interested in learning more about the church!
 
Guadelupe is progressing well. We taught her about keeping the Sabbath Day holy last week and she understood it and wanted to do her best to obey it which I thought was awesome. We want to have her baptisimal interview this Saturday, but seh still doesnt have a very firm testimony of the Book of Mormon because we havent been able to get her to pray about it or read very much in it. We are going to be focusing on that this week.
 
Unfortunately we didnt get to see Dulce this week becasue conflicts kept coming up for her during the times of our appointments.
 
I think I already told you about how everyone makes delicious fruit drinks here that are fresh. I bought some limes, sugar, and cantelope to practice making my very own agua de limón and agua de melón. I´ll let you know how it goes.
 
I would very much love to hug and kiss you too mom but that time is just around the corner. I just completed nine months on the mission last friday and time feels like it is flying by. Ever since I got 6 months in the mission time has just kept accelerating. It is so crazy to think that it was a whole year ago that I went to the temple for the first time.
 
I love you all and I wish you success in your current endevours. ¡Tengan una buena semana y nos vemos el próximo lunes!
 
con amor,
 
Elder Johns

No comments:

Post a Comment