Sunday, June 24, 2012

Pictures!

Now that I come to think about it, it's a good thing his tail didn't detach when we were taking this picture.

My new buddy

A Mango almost the size of my head. It was indescribably delicious.

Ostiones and ceviche. I'm pretty sure it was clams (or oysters) with some fish. It's cooked by soaking in lime juice. It was kinda tasty.

Birthday party for Elder Rodriguez!

Mini bananas are really sweet and have a slight tangy taste.

A small tortuga (turtle) on my face. There wasn't any reason for it to be on my face except for taking the picture.

A street we walked by on the way to send our emails. I can' wait until it really starts to rain a lot.
Happy Fathers day!

This past week was pretty different. On Tuesday it was my companions birthday and we had a clase de zona which is a Zone Class. The President basically followed up on what he taught us at the Zone Conference at the beginning of this transfer and I really enjoyed it. It was kinda sad because it was our last time seeing President and Sister Call. Their last day is only a week away. I am really going to miss them and I almost cried when I said goodbye to them. They are really great. I also finally got the package you sent me on Tuesday! Thanks so much! The candy is delicous and the toy with the ball on the string is perfect for when I need to occupy myself for a minute or two.

After the Zone Class, we headed back to our area and had cake at a members house, then some more cake at a recent converts house, and then even more cake at a little birthday party that two families put together. My companion has been here for 6 months so he knows the members pretty well. After the party, I went on another Exchange with Elder Girot, but this time we were in his area. We got to contact all day but it was fun to be with Elder Girot again. Our Spanish has really improved and we didnt have any problems being without a native spanish speaker.

For a few days it rained during the night and was cloudy during the day. It felt awesome! It wasnt as hot and the break felt amazing. It didnt rain at all while we were outside, but I kinda cant wait until it does. My companion told me that it is the best when it is rainging. There is also more road flooding, but we havent had to go where it is really flooded.

Yesterday was kinda cool, there is a naval base in our area that is close to the beach. We have gone past it in buses a bunch of times and there are always people guarding it with guns. I never thought we would go inside, but one of the members works for the government and lives in the residential area on the naval base. The member had to take us to sign in and stuff. We also couldnt go around contacting people in the residential area, so I remember hoping that if there was anyone there that was prepared to accept the gospel, that they would run into us and tell us to come and teach them. As we were going from the car to where the member lives, the only person we ran into told us that they would really like to meet with us and have us teach them. We couldnt teach them right then, so we worked it out with the member to get us through security later this week to return and teach them. That was kinda cool.

The work didnt progress a whole lot this week. Our investigators were almost never home during our scheduled appointments and one wont answer our calls. None of our recent converts or investigators showed up to church so that was kind of discouraging. I am going to keep my head up and keep working hard and start to work even harder. We only have one week left during this cambio and I will probably be getting a new comp because my comp right now has 6 months here.

Thats so cool that Kelsey and Elise performed at the  Baccalaureate! I had so much fun last year playing Forever Young with my band at it and I was also very scared about doing it before hand but was so happy that I did it afterwards. That is so crazy that Kaitlyn and Kelsey are graduating this week! It feels like a few weeks ago that I graduated myself! Sorry to hear that Abby wasnt feeling very well and was a little more difficult, but I bet its nice to have Ryan home for a bit. I hope Dad thoroughly enjoyed his Fathers Day yesterday, and I want him to know that I love him very much. And thank you for the uplifting spiritual message, I really needed it. I am sending a bunch of pictures!

¡Les amo y espero que Ustedes tengan una buena semana!

con amor,
Elder Johns

No comments:

Post a Comment