Monday, July 2, 2012

Miss you all like the dickens!


Mi querido familia,
This past week was great! on Monday night we went to go and teach one of our less active members and his 11 year old sister joined us and told us she wants to get baptized! She is really great and her date is the 7th of July
We also finally found one investigator in their house after about two weeks of not seeing them. We had set a date with her but then she wasnt home for the next appointment and wasnt ever home when we called or passed by for two weeks. But we found her! She said she had been reading and praying to know if the Book of Mormon is true and she felt good about it. We taught her about the Plan of Salvation and talked about baptisms for the dead. Then during the next appointment she told us that she had a dream where her father was unhappy and wanted her to do the work for him. She was really emotional about it and she said it was her answer that the Church is true and she set a date for the 28th of July because she works a lot and says she is going to quit work on the 21st. She has a lot of faith and is really great.
We also set a date with another investigator named Carlos. He is really great and has been reading the Book of Mormon. He seems happier and happier everytime we come back to teach him so I know that the Gospel is really helping him. We havent got his family to listen yet but they will eventually.
My companion is changing! Elder Rodriguez is transferring to la Ciudad de Victoria and thats about two hours away. I am getting a new companion later today named Elder Oliveros. I dont know anything about him yet but I heard that he probably has about a month longer than me on his mission and he is from Mexico. I am going to miss Elder Rodriguez (I think). And finally I am not being trained anymore! I still have a TON to learn about everything but I know I can do it. I feel like I dont know the area very well so it will be interesting finding the members houses for our lunches.
That is awesome that Kaitlyn and Kelsey graduated! Feels like I just did that a couple months ago and then left for BYU the next day. Colin is looking fresh without his braces.
Ok some birthday items... first thing: our President told us to write home for our parents to send us our 3-generation pedigree charts if we didnt bring them and I dont have mine so if you would be so kind as to include that in the package that would be fantastic. Maybe you could even print off a story or two about some of the people in the chart or of interesting anscetors that we have. Some candy and sugarfree gum would also be very much appreciated. I cant really think of anything else so maybe you could just put some money in my account.
I love you all and I miss you all like the dickens! Adios!
con amor,
Elder Johns

No comments:

Post a Comment