Monday, June 4, 2012

Buenos Nachos


Buenos Nachos,
 
Well, I dont really feel like I have much to share with y'all today since I just sent an email last Wednesday. We found a new investigator named Salvador. He was sleeping when we were walking by, but then I thought he might really enjoy having the gospel in his life so I woke him up and we got a return appointment. We have only had one lesson with him so far but it went really well. We were going to set a baptisimal date with him, but he had to leave when we showed up for the appointment. He works at a panaderia so likes to give us bread. Bread is a really big deal around here. They have panaderias (bakeries) everywhere and its really cheap and really good. They have people that either drive cars or push carts up and down the streets where all the houses are and they play some song that is about pan (bread) and they play it over and over again. I'm getting fat.
 
Susanah is opening up alot more, we passed by to meet with Karen and Pedro but they weren't there. I asked Susanah if there was anything we could do before we left, and she asked us to tell her about the Book of Mormon! We talked about it for a bit and and it was great. She even came to church yesterday and stayed for all 3 hours and seemed to enjoy it. The Bishop asked Pedro to give the closing prayer during sacrament meeting so that felt really awesome to see him do that. It is really awesome to see Susanah opening her up. The gospel has really helped her family to be so much happier and it makes me happy to see this and be a part of it.
 
It looks like we are going to have to drop the family of four we have been teaching for the past month. They havent been reading or doing any of the committments (such as praying, reading, going to church, ect.). We have been trying everything. We asked them what they would do if they new that everything we were teaching was true and recieved an answer that they needed to be baptized in the church of Jesus Christ and the father, Eduardo, basically said he wouldnt do anything. We are pretty good friends with this family but they just want to talk about relgion and not act. We are probably going to have our last appointment with them tomorrow. It makes me a little sad but I cant force them to act and find out the truthfullness of what we are teaching.
 
Because our area is so close to the temple, we are allowed to go every three months with the approval of the President. I am not really sure when the people who are in zones that are further away get to go to the temple. The paint from the service project we did last week came out of my shorts, but it didnt really come out of my shirt so it looks like I now have a special shirt to wear when I paint houses from now on. I didnt really know about the picture sizes until a few weeks ago. my camera has been taking photos in size 4320x3240 which is kinda unneccesarily big. The smallest size is 640x480 and the next smallest size is 2560x1920 which is still kinda big. It does not give me any options to take photos inbetween those two different sizes. What I have started doing is taking pictures that I want to specifically send in the 640x480 size and then photos that I want better quality in the 2560x1920 size. I havent gotten the package yet. What they do with the mail here is hold it all at the office and then take it to the zone conferences or interviews that happen every exchange. I can only check for mail before then when I happen to need to go to the office which doesnt happen very often. I have an elder in my district who works in the offices and if a package came for me i am pretty sure he would bring it to District Meeting. The last time i was in the office to see if I had mail was wednesday last week. It takes about a month for letters to get to me so maybe it takes a little longer for packages.
 
Prom sounds like it was pretty fun! and congrats to Colin for 100% attendance at seminary! It is so wierd to think that my prom and my seminary graduation was an entire year ago. It feels like it was only a couple months ago. Im jealous that Kelsey went with Zander. Haha sounds like something James would do. I am glad to see that you are all doing so well back at home. I really miss home and sometime it feels like I have been gone forever and I am never going home, but I try to have a bigger, eternal perspective and I dont feel as homesick and know that all of a sudden I will be home and I wont be here anymore so it is important for me to utilize and enjoy everything here while I am here. I love you all and wish you the best!
 
con amor,
 
Elder Johns

No comments:

Post a Comment