Monday, April 2, 2012

Visa Day!



Hey family........

I GOT MY VISA FOR MEXICOOOOO!!!! It arrived last weekend and I, along with the other 4 Elders going to Tampico, am flying to Texas later today to meet with a consulate and then I am flying to Mexico tomorrow! This is all happening very suddenly and I am very excited. I am also feeling a little sad because I really love it here in the Tennessee Nashville Mission. I have learned a lot here and had some great experiences. I love the people here and I love the Elders that I have been serving with and around. I am very excited to see what Mexico is like and to be able to experience it.

This past week was good, we found some new people to teach, but it looks like we are going to have to give them to the other Elders in the area to teach because my companion is getting transferred somewhere else. I am so glad that you had a great time in Hawaii and that you enjoyed General Conference! I really enjoyed General Conference and I got a lot out of it. I don't have a lot of time so I am going to give you the information of my new mailing address:

Packages or hard copy mail: (the ' after a letter signifies that it should be written with an accent)

Elder Tanner Eric Johns
Misio'n Me'xico Tampico
Apartado Postal 241
Cd. Madero, Tamps. C.P. 89460
Mexico

Sent by a carrier needing a physical address (I don't know what that means):

Elder Tanner Eric Johns
Misio'n Me'xico Tampico
Ave. Eje'rcito Mexicano #501 Local 17
Col. Lomas del Gallo
Cd. Madero, Tamps. C.P. 89136
Me'xico

If you or any of my friends want to send me a package (hint hint), only use United States Postal Service International Priority mail for packages and the flat rate boxes are the best. The customs declaration should say "missionary supplies." Do not use Fedex or UPS.

I love you all, family and friends, for the support you have given to me in such abundance. I am so blessed to have so many people like you in my life and you all help me so much. My next email will be from MEXICO!

con amor,

Elder Johns

p.s. I will call the house phone first (then the cell phones) when I can if I have time tonight at the airport before my flight to Texas. If it doesn't work out then I will try again tomorrow before I leave to Mexico if I have time. I do not know the time of either flight but I do know that tonights flight will be later than 3:00 PM and I will probably have a chance to call around 3:00 this time or later.

No comments:

Post a Comment