Monday, July 23, 2012

The Challenges of Missionary Work





Dear family,
 
This past week was pretty good. I had another companion exchange with Elder Girot on Tuesday which is always fun. A member of our ward who is leaving on a mission in a couple months worked with us for a couple hours and it was fun because he lived in Utah for 3 years and speaks perfect English. Most of our citas fell through but we taught about the restoration to a 19 year old girl and her little brother who are very devout catholics. It was an interesting lesson, they told us they would read the Book of Mormon and pray. We are going to see them tomorrow to see how it went. Sadly, Elder Girot, my dear MTC companion, suddenly was transferred away from me on Friday to the Valles Zone which is the hottest place in the mission. I am probably not going to see him for a long time but I am grateful that weve been close for the past 6.5 months. He is a good friend.
 
We didnt really see a whole lot of success this week. We have just had terrible luck this month. We dont have any problems filling our days with appointments, but when we pass by for the appointment they either arent there or they are busy/dont want to listen to us anymore. Even our investigator with a baptisimal date was only there 1 out of the 4 times we passed by this week.
 
We set a baptisimal date with a guy named Ernesto. He seems like a good guy but I dont really know him really well yet. We also got to talk to Karina, Aide, and Rosa all together this week and we reviewed Lesson 1 to help her understand the role of prophets and why we need them.
 
We set a date with Susanah finally, but she eventually told us that she didnt want to be pressured into it. I dont know why she doesnt want to progress more and join the rest of her family. She goes to church every sunday and she is basically a member.
 
Sounds like you all had a fantastic week! Colin sent me an email about his high adventure and it sounds like it was a blast. The work party also sounds like it was pretty fun. I am sending some photos from my camera that I havent sent. Mom can choose one of them and Ill try and get a good one this week. There hasnt really been many occasions to take photos. If you havent already sent the package I decided I could really use some of that bisckoff cookie peanut butter stuff if there is room, it was super delicious in the last package.
 
I love you all very much and I hope that you have a fantastic week!
 
con amor,
 
Elder Johns

No comments:

Post a Comment