Monday, February 20, 2012

Valentines Day in the MTC

Happy Valentines Day!

I can't say that alot happened this week. We got a new District last Wednesday and one of the Elders, Elder Draper, is going to the Mexico Tampico Mission too. Unfortunately, the guy who just got back from the Tampico Mission that I talked to before my last email forgot about meeting up with Elder Girot and I. He was going to show us some pictures and I was going to ask him a bunch of questions, I hope that we can find another time to meet with him.

My Spanish is getting pretty good. I don't have to think very hard to say what I am trying to say anymore during the lessons and on our Speak Your Language days. I can't wait until I get to my mission and then I have to speak Spanish literally all of the time so that I can improve my Spanish even faster. Teaching the lessons has become alot easier now because I have been teaching them so much. It is fun to do the role-play investigator thing, but I really want to be teaching real people. I haven't heard anymore about my Visa, they've pretty much just told me to wait and if I get my travel plans then I have my visa and if I don't get my travel plans then I don't have my visa. We are supposed to be recieveing our travel plans within the next week.

My companion and I have become a lot better friends this week. We joke around with each other more and it feels more like we're friends instead of just companions. I'm really grateful that he is my companion and that I have had the opportunity to learn from him and with him while at the MTC.

I'm sorry to hear that alot of you weren't feeling well on Valentines day, but a heart shaped pizza sounds pretty cool. I felt a little homesick because I remembered that we would always have a fondue dinner on Valentines day. Thanks a lot for the package! It felt nice to get something on Valentines day, and now I have enough candy to last me for the rest of my mission! That is awesome that Colin did well on his talk, tell him to hurry up and write me back on DearElder. That is also awesome that he has started practice driving and Drivers ED, driving was really scary for me at first, and especially when I got my license and got to drive by myself. I was also glad to hear that Kaitlyn got into BYU-I as well as Kelsey! They are going to love it, College is the best. How has Abby been doing recently? Yeah Ryan sent me a quick letter telling me about how he volunteered as MTC investigator, too bad I didn't accidently run into him or get to teach him.

I can't think of anything that I need right now, I should have everything I need. I think I am going to hang on to the coat because I was told that it can actually get really cold in Tampico during the winter months. Thank you so much for everything that you have done for me, I really enjoy being here and I always enjoy getting to hear from you all!

con amor,

Elder Johns

No comments:

Post a Comment