Thursday, February 23, 2012

Spanish with a Southern Drawl - Nashville Tennessee!



Tanner's Mexico Visa isn't ready, yet, so he has been temporarily re-assigned to the Tennessee, Nashville (Spanish Speaking) mission. He flies out on Monday morning. We were able to speak to him on the phone for a few minutes tonight and he is very excited about this new adventure!

-Kyle

Hey Fam!

I got my temporary assignment! I'm going to Nashville, Tennesee!!!!!! Thats not fair that President Tanner told you and ruined the suprise. That is cool that Grandpa Anderson served there. I am REALLY excited to go to Nashville although I don't know anything about it besides that it has alot of musical history. I have loved the MTC and the friends I have made here, but I am so ready to leave to go and work in the real world. I feel so ready but I know that I still have a lot to learn! Sadly I do not think I will be speaking Spanish in the Tennessee Nashville Mission, but I am not really worried about forgeting the Spanish I have learned. I am hoping that my Visa doesn't take too long for Mexico to approve. Oh and I get to call you tonight for 5 minutes because they gave me a reassignment. I will call tonight sometime around 9-9:30pm my time so 8-8:30 your time. I guess its not a huge deal since I can call you at the airport on Monday.

This week I got to be a host for the new missionaries that came in on Wednesday. I got to welcome them to the MTC, take a couple of them through the registration process, drop their stuff off in their room, get their materials, and take them to their classroom. The whole time I had to keep reassuring them and help them not to feel so nervous, which is hard because they just said goodbye to their families for two years. I remember my first couple days here, they were extremely difficult and I was more stressed than I have ever felt in my entire life. But now, just before I leave, I feel very at home here and I think I will miss it. I am confident that I will be able to adapt to the difficulties that will come from being out in the field and I am so excited to tackle them head on.

My biggest worry right now is that I am not sure if I can even teach the lessons in English, I've only taught them in Spanish from the first day I arrived here. I'll have to translate from Spanish to English in my head and then my sentences will come out wierd like "Dios es nuestro Padre Celestial" to "God is our Father Heavenly" or "Por medio de la Expiacion, podemos arrepentirnos y llegar a ser limpios de nuestros pecados" to "Through the Atonement, we can repent ourselves and come to be clean from our sins." Nah that probably won't happen (most of the time) but it will take some getting used to to teach in English.

That trip sounds like a lot of fun, I bet Abby really enjoyed the water slides! Flying kites on the beach sounds really fun, I haven't flown a kite in forever. Thats great that Kaitlyn and Kelsey got a semester at BYU-I separate and a semester together. I am really excited for them, they are going to love college! That Cavalia show sounds pretty awesome, I think I remember seeing the tent while I was in WA before I came here. You will have to get me her contact information and how I am related to here and if I am near here I can go and visit her. All I know is that I need to be at the travel office at 6:00AM and I think my flight leaves around 10:00 so I will be calling before then. Also, I am going to mail most of the letters that I have recieved at the MTC to you in a large envelope with some letters for my friends that I don't have their address.

I love you all so much and I can't wait to talk to you on the phone soon!

con amor,

Elder Johns

No comments:

Post a Comment